Thursday 3 March 2011

Saturdays Alright for Fighting

Ok, as always with my random life.  Something happened this week that gave me more insight in the problems running through society today.  I definetly think that common niceness is falling fast amongst many of society and who blames them when the environment they have been brought up in is full of lies, sin, fakeness, greed and many other ugly sides of mans corrupted brain.

Anyhow, I managed to be attacked by a young male, say around 21, for doing nothing other than managing to win a football match.  What actually riled them up in particular to me, was my ability to talk in a reasonable manner and not be intimitated in my opinion.

To sum it all up, heres my email to be passed on to the league

'To whom it may concern,

This saturday, I along with some of my team-mates received unwelcomed and aggressive behaviour from our opponents that day 'Team 1'.

Before the match it seemed that unfortunately we would have to referee ourselves in  a very important league clash which wasn't ideal, esp 1st vs 2nd.  The referee then appeared and we asked him to take our match.  I was a bit cautious as from the previous weeks match the same referee had a real bad game and I suspected that he wouldnt be able to take control of this type of match espcially as in our last match with this team, they were aggressive at times.

I ended up getting assaulted and threatened within the procedure of the match and after the game.

The first incident of note for myself, came when theyre player 'Player X', caught me late and stamped down on my foot.  As the referee missed this, the game continued.  As I gave out a noise of discomfort, their player came into my face and started saying I was a fruit etc.  I just ignored this and tried to get back into the game.

With about 5 mins to go to half-time, the tight game started to get a bit nasty.  After a few nasty challenges went un-noticed by the referee.  Our player 'Team-mate A', made a strong and very legal interception.  This was a shoulder to shoulder challenge, where no player raised their feet in an illegal manner.  With frustration, their player 'Nickname' ran full sprint at 'A' for 20yds and jumped into the air two footed, aiming for the players knee.  Fortunately, 'A' moved slighly and got caught in the back of his thigh area.  This was a career threatening challenge, one I have never ever seen as bad throughout the past 15 years I have played amateur football.  In the heat of the moment, the referee somehow gave them the free-kick and didnt punish or acknowledge this terrible challenge.

As the referee seemed to lose total control of this match after this.  I thought as a senior member of the team, to have a quiet word with their manager Z.  I said we hadnt came down on a Saturday to get our legs broke and could he try and calm his team down before someone seriously got hurt.  During this time Z didnt say enough of negativity towards me and also agreed the challenge was a straight red.  Some of the sideline then started goading me for being a 'faggot and a fruit' etc and got very abusive and threatening me.  I tried to reason with them with the same reasons about not coming down to be injured which made them more abusive.  The half-time whistle went and as I began to walk over to my team, their captain sprinted over to me and grab me violently by the throat for approximately 10secs. This same captain had raised his arms to me already in the first half. The referee was present and seen this, as I asked the referee did he see this, hoping to get some protection, he just answered I shouldnt have been there.   I never walked off the pitch and as I was walking back to my side, I got attacked, what exactly had I done wrong.

At this stage I told my team that if the match gets anymore out of hand I personally thought we should abandon the game for our safety.  The boys decided to play on  and show the great character and spiriit that our team has always tried to display, I agreed.

Second half got worse, mainly due to the referee having no control.  In a challenge with one of their midfielders, he accidently caught my knee with his leg as I followed through with a kick and his momentum caught my knee.  This was painfull as I have a bad knee but wasnt a foul.  I went to play away and their player X started on me again.  He said ' You yapping again you fucking dick?', as I tried to tell him it was just my knee gets sore, he got into my face and said 'I fucking hate you' before headbutting my top of my mouth area. 

After being rightly sent-off he then stood on the line and made threats to me, saying he was going to kick my head in after the match etc etc.  Not once did I see the referee acknowledge what was going on and note that the player was still present making threats.

After this I still played away but just realised to keep my head down, work hard for the team whilst standing my ground but wary not get involved in any debate incase I got attacked again.  There was a bit of a brawl at one point, but I kept away then came over to take my team-mates away from the area of confrontation.

After the match I was gutted to only draw a game we shouldve won naturally.  I thought as well, that even though it was the dirtiest match I've ever been involved with, that it all would settle down.

Their player, who was now topless, stood directly facing our changing rooms about 5 metres from the door.  As he spots me, he says again about how is going to kick my fuck in etc etc.   I forgetting about everything briefly, answered back briefly ' no your not' and proceeded to walk towards my teams changing room.  He then runs right towards me in a rage, clearly trying to swing punches at me and attack me.  I never moved towards him or away from him, I  just stood my ground.  If I had of went for the player in honesty there was a posssibility of a massive riot.  My actions, from the accounts of others will show you I did nothing to deserve this or in any way make the situation worse.

After a few minutes the player got dragged away.  Never in this whole affair did I receive any acknowledgement or apology from the opponent players or management.

To make matters worse, as I left the changing room, the referee and their manager Z were in a friendly discussion.  I interupted them when I heard the referee say to Z that 'their player', talking about me, went for the player X.  I had to tell them I had nothing to do with it and that was a false statement.  Neither of them argued with this which in my eyes showed that they knew this was the case.

As far as I know there were other witnesses present, one of which may of been Other League Team manager.  He should be able to clarify the last incident at least.

I'm not telling you how to do your work but I will give you my conclusions to this, I'm also a manager of a  League amateur team so know that theres alot of work behind the scenes for a league to be run successfully.

I would seriously consider reviewing the referee maybe through a random inspection.

In terms of the players and management of the oponents I hope you make up for the lack of control displayed by the referee on saturday by making clear that this behaviour is not tolerated and punishment is given were appropriate.  What annoys me, is that there were a number of men of experience with the opponents on Saturday, yet they let them run around, destroying and intimidating others as they please.

If you need any more assisance, please get in contact with me.

Many Thanks'


Will update you's on any progress.

Was in a foul mood on saturday, bad adrenaline pumping through me.  Couldnt go out in the town with partner as planned so thought i'd pop to local for the last 2 pints of the night.  Finishing my first pint, the 50year old next to me grabbed a guy half his age by the face and continued to get fairly torn into the guy.  I dont know what the hell it was over but I had to tell the bar woman and prompt them to kick out the regular who in my eyes gave out the beating, was disgusting seeing some people treating him as the hero as he waited in the bar for his taxi, he shouldve known better and act his age the maggot!!

More happened that night but I'll continue it some over time, haha

No comments:

Post a Comment